Saturday 16 August 2014

Book Review: Sex, Lies & Snickerdoodles by Wendy Delaney

Mmmm. Snickerdoodles. I want to start this review by saying Wendy Delaney totally sold me with Snickerdoodles. I love Snickerdoodles, and I figured a book that has the word “snickerdoodles” in the title is bound to be a winner! Luckily for me, I was right. Sex, Lies and Snickerdoodles is more than just a yummy title, it’s also a fabulous mystery.

Charmaine Digby is Assistant to the Prosecutor, and had a secret love life with long-time friend, Detective Steve Sixkiller. That ought to be enough to stay out of trouble, however she manages to walk into more trouble with the death of bad boy, Russell Falco. What unfolds is a suspenseful and enjoyable mystery that had me on the edge of my seat, trying to figure it out before Charmaine and Steve.

An essential element of a good cozy mystery is the setting and I loved the seaside setting of Port Merritt. As I was reading I swear I could smell the fresh fish and salt air, or maybe that was my own wishful thinking of wanting to be transported to Port Merritt with these interesting characters.

Sex, Lies and Snickerdoodles was my first mystery by Wendy Delaney, but it sure won’t be my last. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read, and I intend to go back and read the first book in the series, Trudy, Madly, Deeply to find out what else Charmaine and her friends have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment